Here is a quick tip form the Microsoft Office Site about the procedure for subscribing to RSS feeds in Microsoft Outlook 2013:
“Really Simple Syndication (RSS) provides a quick way to read the latest updates from your favorite websites. Many websites offer RSS feeds so that when a news article or a summary of an article is posted, it is also sent to your RSS Feed folder in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Synchronize your RSS Feeds
The first time you add an RSS Feed to Outlook 2013, you are prompted to choose if you want to keep your RSS Feeds subscriptions list synchronized between Outlook and the Common Feed List. Regardless of the option you choose, you can change your choice later.
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, under RSS Feeds, select or clear Synchronize RSS Feeds to the Common Feed List (CFL) in Windows.
Subscribe to an RSS feed from a webpage
- On a webpage, click the RSS Feed icon — such as , or, for the content you want to receive.
- When the RSS feed opens in Internet Explorer, click Subscribe to this feed.
Subscribe to an RSS feed from Outlook
- In Outlook, right-click the RSS Feeds folder and select Add a New RSS Feed.
- In the New RSS Feed dialog box, enter the URL of the RSS Feed. For example, http://www.example.com/feed/main.xml.
Tip Right-click the RSS icon, and then copy the shortcut to the Clipboard. Press Ctrl+V to paste the information from the Clipboard into the RSS Feed location box.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.”
About Advanced Network Consulting:
Advanced Network Consulting provides desktop troubleshooting, network cabling, network and server maintenance, and In-House IT staff assistance for large scale projects for Southern California based businesses. Our Microsoft and Cisco Certified technicians have nearly 20 years of hands-on experience with law firms, nonprofits, audiology offices, dental practices, manufacturers and general business offices. For new and prospective clients, we offer a complimentary technology meeting. Experience our level of professionalism. Call 562.903.3992 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to meeting with you.