Microsoft has released Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2010. This will be the last service pack for this version of office. Those using Office 2010 should download this service pack as it contains many fixes and improvements for Office 2010.
How to obtain and install the service pack
Method 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)
Note In addition to the products in the Office 2010 suite, the service pack 2687455 also updates Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010, and Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010.
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, go to the following Microsoft website:
You can opt in a computer to the Microsoft Update service, and then register that service with the Automatic updates to receive the SP2 update. Microsoft Update will detect which products that you have installed, and then apply all updates to the products.
Method 2: Download the SP2 package from Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 32-bit package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP2 desktop packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of Office 2010 SP2 improvements
The following are the key areas of improvements that are offered by SP2:Excel 2010 SP2
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons (;) to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
Outlook 2010 SP2
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
PowerPoint 2010 SP2
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
Word 2010 SP2
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.
About Advanced Network Consulting:
Advanced Network Consulting provides what small businesses need: reliable, professional, and personable support for businesses without the expense of having a full-time employee. ANC is a full service computer consulting company for South Bay, LA and Orange County, providing cabling, office moves, network security and connectivity, server installs and upgrades. We also assist In-House IT Staff with large, complex upgrades, LAN/WAN connectivity, and server support. For a complimentary onsite technology assessment, call 562.903.3992. We look forward to helping your company grow.