Most of us find these toolbars quite annoying since it gets installed without our knowledge. For example, the option to install Windows Live and Yahoo toolbars is included in the setup process of their respective Instant Messengers. If you fail to clear the appropriate option, the toolbars will be installed on your system. Most people are unaware of this option.
Having too many toolbars may not only clutter the Internet Explorer window, but may also affect your Internet browsing speed.
Also, many toolbars are actually spyware and will stealthily install on your system to track your Web browsing and PC activity. The information collected about you and your browsing habits with various affiliates are used for advertising purposes. These malicious toolbars also display adware on your system without your consent and add several files and registry entries to your system, which considerably slows down your PC.
To uninstall add-on toolbars from your Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
* Exit all Internet Explorer windows
* Open the Start menu, and select Control Panel
* Select “Add” or “Remove Programs” link
* In the “Add” or “Remove Programs” window, scroll down the currently installed programs list and select the toolbar that you want to remove
* Now, select the “Remove” button to start the uninstallation process
* After the uninstallation is complete, restart your Internet Explorer to confirm that the selected toolbar has been removed
This takes just a few minutes of your time. Advanced Network Consulting routines performs network maintenance for our clients that often entails removing these toolbars on employees’ desktops. For more information on how we can assist your business productivity, call for your complimentary one hour network evaluation. We service Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County, and North San Diego County. 24 hour notice required.