Do you want the “My Documents” folder to be in another location?
For example, you want to keep all your data on a D: partition or a folder on the server so that it gets backed up.
The following steps allow you to redirect the “My Documents” folder to anywhere you wish:
1. Click on the Start button
2. Right click on Documents
3. Select Properties
4. This will bring up a similar window. USERNAME will be replaced by your actual user login name
5. Click on Include a folder…
6. This will bring up a similar window
7. Browse to the location where you want to change the location
8. Click on Include folder. This will bring up a similar window to the one below
9. Highlight the folders you don’t want and click on the Remove button
10. Then you should only see the new location you want for your My Documents folder
When you open “My Documents” or save to “My Documents” it will automatically be the location specified.
For businesses based in Southern California of with an office in So Cal, Advanced Network Consulting offers on-site and remote network and server support. If your business needs assistance, feel free to give us a call. ONE HOUR FREE network evaluation is offered for new clients.
Specializing in Microsoft based solutions, we offer years of expertise in Windows Servers, Exchange, SQL Server as well as a deep knowledge or general networking. Advanced Network Consulting is your one stop computer consulting solution provider. From network cabling and office relocation, server, desktop and laptop installations to staff training, troubleshooting, upgrades and everything in between, Advanced Network Consulting can provide the solution your business is looking for.